In response to a request, I’m updating my daily diet plan. This is my target diet, so I don’t necessarily stick to it every day. It’s high fat, but not necessarily ketogenic.
While my diet may vary a bit from time to time, there are certain things I’m very strict about. I don’t eat junk food, fast food, dairy, corn, wheat, sugar, artificial sweeteners or fruit. Nor do I drink alcohol, pop, coffee, sports drinks or any beverage with sugar in it. I don’t eat fruit, because it exacerbates my symptoms. For some reason, I seem to have a low tolerance for any type of sugar, including natural sugar.
My daily menu::
- Breakfast … fat smoothie (1/2 – 1 avocado, 2 – 4 tbsp coconut oil, brazil nuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sprinkle of shredded coconut, sprinkle of cacao nibs, olive oil, 3-4 raw eggs, 1/2 tspn cinnamon, 1/4 tspn baking soda, water to desired thickness). I start the smoothie between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM and I drink it over a 3 to 4 hour period.
- Dinner…sauerkraut, steamed or lightly sauteed veggies, 1/2 organic avocado, 2 cooked eggs or cooked buckwheat/quinoa, meat or fish and two tbsp of coconut oil. I typically eat dinner between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM, before I leave to teach karate.
- After karate meal… half fat smoothie and or nuts & seeds and or organic olives and or cucumber and humus and or canned oysters or mussels.
- Snacks…nuts & seeds, organic olives.
- 2-4 glasses of spring water
On occasion I will have buckwheat or quinoa or organic potatoes or sweet potato or buckwheat pancakes as a snack or with dinner. Also, several times a month I will have two eggs and bacon [mostly home smoked] for breakfast before my morning smoothie.
This diet keeps me feeling full.
All food is organic where possible.
- 2 tbsp Cod Liver Oil … for Vit D3
- Magnesium only or Magnesium-Calcium-Zinc-Potassium [mostly to prevent constipation]
- Vit C … 2,000 mg
- Vit B12 … 5,000 mcg
- Adrenal support – 3 capsules a day
- Iodine [for thyroid]
I have done a lot of experimenting and my diet is constantly evolving as I gather new information and try to figure out what works best. One thing is certain though, a healthy, natural [ideally, organic] diet, be it high fat, vegetarian, Paleo or whatever, is essential for restoring homeostasis [by healing the gut, restoring the immune system, unclogging the lymphatic system, eliminating inflammation and alkalining the body] and recovering my health.
Have an awesomely nutritious day!